Classic Construction Models has recreated this mighty machine at 1:87 scale. Our limited edition model is constructed completely of high-detailed brass, and is a true museum-quality work of art. Also includes realistic fire suppression system, air intakes, engine exhausts, work lights, assembly hooks and access panels. All catwalks are in photo etched brass. The fully rendered machine markings, warning labels and paint scheme are all approved by Caterpillar.
1:87 Cat® 5230 Hydraulic Front Shovel – Brass
Out of stock
- Fully detailed operator’s cab
- Visible engine and hydraulic systems
- Individually-linked metal tracks with tensioners
- Functioning hydraulic pistons and hoses
- Positionable boom, stick and bucket
- Includes serial numbered spec brochure
The largest hydraulic excavator created by Caterpillar®, the 5230, proved to be a mining workhorse. The Cat 3516 turbocharged V-16 engine generated 1,470 flywheel horsepower. It was able to load a 150-ton-capacity haul truck in five passes with its 22.2 cubic yard shovel in the FS version and 20.3 cubic yard bucket in the ME version.
|Dimensions||14 × 9 × 9 in|
Limited to 260 pieces
8" long, 3.5" wide, 4" tall