Recently published, David Wylie shared with us a copy of his latest book, Earthmovers in UK & Germany, which provides an inside look into the mining, quarry, demolition, and renewables industry in these countries. With two chapters almost entirely dedicated to Caterpillar, including photos from a visit to the HMS facility in Dortmund, we couldn’t put the book down.
Here is a sneak peak with a few of our favorite images and pages from the book:
With more than 500 photos across 520 pages, and with 80 stunning images set across two big pages, this 82,000 word book provides an in-depth look at how these machines shape the world we live in. David’s new book deserves a place on any heavy equipment enthusiast’s coffee table.
If you are interested in purchasing this new book, you can only obtain it by contacting David Wylie directly – as it has been self-published – on his Facebook page, where updates and additional information can also be found or you can reach David directly by emailing him at email@example.com.
5 thoughts on “Earthmovers in UK & Germany: A New Book from David Wylie”
Definitely on my buying list.
Oh look, an RH200..! (hint, hint) 🙂
Hi Folks, people have been asking me about the book contents – here is the chapter list.
– Chapter 1 Banks Mining RH200 Rebuild Shotton
– Chapter 2 Banks Mining Caterpillar 740 Coal Trucks Shotton
– Chapter 3 Komatsu Mining PC7000-6 Germany
– Chapter 4 Banks Mining RH200 Operational Report Shotton
– Chapter 5 R J Blasting Atlas Copco ROC L8 Shotton
– Chapter 6 Bank Mining Rusha Restoration West Lothian
– Chapter 7 Komatsu Hanomag GmbH Factory Visit Hanover
– Chapter 8 Komatsu WA500-8 Hanover
– Chapter 9 Duncan Plant Case 160D LGP Glenmuckloch
– Chapter 10 Banks Mining WA470-8 Shotton
– Chapter 11 Caterpillar Mining Factory Visit Germany
– Chapter 12 Bank Mining PC3000-6 Shotton
– Chapter 13 EnBW RDK8 Coal Power Station Germany
– Chapter 14 Komatsu Mining Factory Visit Germany
– Chapter 15 Komatsu Mining PC4000-11 Germany
– Chapter 16 RWE Power Krupp and O&K Germany
– Chapter 17 Fife Silica Sands D475A-5 Dozer Assembly Fife
– Chapter 18 Fife Silica Sands D475A-5 Operational Report Fife
– Chapter 19 Volvo Construction Equipment R100E Motherwell
– Chapter 20 E & JW Glendenning Ltd Volvo R70D Devon
– Chapter 21 Tarmac Caterpillar 992C Dunbar
– Chapter 22 Komatsu UK Factory Visit Durham
Chapter 23 Central Demolition PC490LCD-11 Edinburgh
– Chapter 24 Central Demolition Hitachi ZX870LCH Glasgow
– Chapter 25 SGN /KDC PC490 HDR Coatbridge
– Chapter 26 Beattie Demolition PC490 HDR M74 Motorway
– Chapter 27 Hitrak Kaiser S12 Fort William
– Chapter 28 Henderson Plant Case CX370D Sanquhar
– Chapter 29 BSW Group Tigercat LH855E Fort William
thanks for your support, please get in touch with me soon, before i go on holiday
Looks like an outstanding book.
Can it be purchased in the USA? If so, how much is it in US dollars and how much is the shipping? If it available, how do you want us to order it?
Thank you very much
HI Bill Kent, My new book is only available directly through me. happy to post to the USA. Payment is by Bank transfer. P&P to the US is £25.48 (its a big book 520 pages at nearly 3kg in weight) + the book costs £34.95 = $73 dollars in total inc P&P . Here’s a book review from Vern in Pennsylvania – “Earthmovers arrived in perfect condition. What a great piece of work! Great printing and binding, lots of color pictures! I could not be happier with my purchase. Thank you for your latest publication” Sincerely Vern