Our Collector Showcase series is back to introduce our most active customers to the rest of our collector community.
We had the opportunity to speak with Wouter Mol from The Netherlands about his collection, advice for new collectors, and how you can connect with him!
1) How long have you been a scale model collector?
I have been a Caterpillar® scale model collector for just over 30 years.
2) Do you have a favorite scale?
I only collect Caterpillar scale models in 1:48 and 1:50 scale.
3) Do you prefer brass or die-cast scale models? Please explain why?
I prefer brass for the quality of details on the scale model, but my budget prefers diecast. Die-cast allows me to continue buying all the Caterpillar scale models which are still being released or missing from my collection.
4) How did you first find out about Classic Construction Models?
I live in The Netherlands and I was lucky enough to meet Classic Construction Models at the Modelshow Europe in The Netherlands in the 80’s or 90’s on a rare visit from CCM to Europe.
5) When did you purchase your first CCM model and what was it?
My first CCM scale model was a Caterpillar 914G Wheel Loader in 1:48 scale, which was released by CCM in 1996. I purchased it somewhat later, however, from an American seller on eBay. I have it mint boxed with COA #178.
6) Are there any CCM models that are missing from your collection that you are still searching for?
Number one on my wish list is the Caterpillar 637G Wheel Tractor-Scraper in 1:48 scale.
7) Have you sold any of your CCM models in the past and later regretted it?
No, I have never sold any off my CCM Scale models.
8) What advice would you give a collector considering purchasing their first Classic Construction Model?
9) What piece of machinery would you like to see CCM model in the future?
I hope that CCM will release the DJB D250 Articulated Dump Truck as a golden oldie. If it’s not an option to make this model, then it should be a Cat 740C EJ Articulated Dump Truck because CCM has never produced an ADT. If you ask me, it’s time CCM fills that gap in their lineup!
10) Is there any way that other CCM collectors can view your collection or connect with you? (Instagram, Twitter, website, etc.?)
My Caterpillar collection can be found on: www.minimovers.nl
Caterpillar collectors can join at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/minimovers/
or on Pinterest at: https://nl.pinterest.com/Kwabbus/
and for the (Cat) diehards there is: https://twitter.com/MiniMoversNL
Many thanks to Wouter for being the second collector in our Collector Showcase series. If you would like your collection to be featured in an upcoming Collector Showcase, please send us your answers to these questions via Facebook message!
We look forward to introducing you to more amazing CCM scale model enthusiasts in the near future!