Our Collector Showcase series is back to introduce our most active customers to the rest of our collector community. We recently spoke with Peter White from the United Kingdom about his collection, favorite scale and material, advice for new collectors, and even a few suggestions for new CCM models. Let’s check out Peter’s collection and see what he had to say!
1. How long have you been a scale model collector?
I have been collecting scale models for the past 34 years.
2. Do you have a favorite scale?
I would say that my favorite scale is 1:48 or 1:50.
3. Do you prefer brass or die-cast scale models? Please explain why?
I prefer die-cast models due to financial restraints.
4. How did you first find out about Classic Construction Models?
I first found out about CCM by going into my local model shop and they had one for sale.
5. When did you purchase your first CCM model and what was it?
I can’t remember the exact date of the purchase but must have been over 10 years ago, and it was a Dresser TD40.
6. Are there any CCM models that are missing from your collection that you are still searching for?
If I had to choose one, it would be the Caterpillar Traxcavator 983 with the ROPS cab.
7. Have you sold any of your CCM models in the past and later regretted it?
I have never sold any CCM’s and never will.
8. What advice would you give a collector considering purchasing their first Classic Construction Model?
The advice that I would give is that CCM’s are slightly more expensive but are highly detailed and it is obvious where the money goes.
9. What piece of machinery would you like to see CCM model in the future?
I’d like to see more of the older Caterpillar Bulldozers (D6, D8, etc.)
10. Is there any way that other CCM collectors can view your collection or connect with you? (Instagram, Twitter, website, etc.?)
Collectors can get into contact with me through my Facebook page.
We would like to express our biggest thanks to Peter White and we look forward to introducing you to more amazing CCM scale model enthusiasts in the near future!
Calling all CCM Collectors! If you would like your collection to be featured in an upcoming Collector Showcase, please send us your answers to these questions and photos of your collection via Facebook message!