Our Collector Showcase series is here to introduce our most active customers to the rest of our collector community. We recently had the opportunity to speak with Paul Armstrong from the UK about his collection, advice for new collectors, and his suggestions for new CCM models. Let’s take a look at Paul’s collection.
1) How long have you been a scale model collector?
I’ve been collecting die-cast models since 1992, just over 24 years.
2) Do you have a favorite scale?
My favorite scale is 1:50.
3) Do you prefer brass or die-cast scale models? Please explain why?
I like brass models because of the extreme detail, but due to the extensive cost I only have 1 brass piece with the rest of my collection being die-cast.
4) How did you first find out about Classic Construction Models?
I first found out about CCM from a fellow collector a few years ago, but at the time could not afford to buy them.
5) When did you purchase your first CCM model and what was it?
I purchased my first two CCM models together in February 2014. They were the Cat 390LME & Classic Cat D10 Dozer.
6) Are there any CCM models that are missing from your collection that you are still searching for?
I am still looking to find the Cat 631E Scraper.
7) Have you sold any of your CCM models in the past and later regretted it?
At this moment in time I haven’t sold any of my CCM models.
8) What advice would you give a collector considering purchasing their first Classic Construction Model?
My advice to new collectors would be to not hesitate buying a model from CCM as they produce exceptional quality models. You will not be disappointed!
9) What piece of machinery would you like to see CCM model in the future?
I would like to see CCM make a modern Cat 777F to go with the Cat 6020B, or maybe a Cat D11R in 1:48 scale.
10) Is there any way that other CCM collectors can view your collection or connect with you? (Instagram, Twitter, website, etc.?)
Our greatest appreciation goes out to Paul for being featured in our Collector Showcase series. If you would like your collection to be featured in an upcoming Collector Showcase, please send us your answers to these questions via Facebook message!
We look forward to introducing you to more amazing CCM scale model enthusiasts in the near future!