Our Collector Showcase series is back to introduce our most active customers to the rest of our collector community. This month we had the opportunity to speak with Michael Giarratano from New Mexico about his collection and how he got started, advice for new collectors, and even a few suggestions for new CCM models. By the way, it’s Michael’s birthday today! Let’s take a look at his collection, and be sure to wish him a happy birthday.
1) How long have you been a scale model collector?
I have been collecting for nearly 20 years, and I’ve been collecting strictly CCM models since the Cat® 988 Wheel Loader in 2008.
2) Do you have a favorite scale?
I used to collect 1:50 and 1:48 scale, now I only collect 1:48 scale.
3) Do you prefer brass or die-cast scale models? Please explain why?
I prefer die-cast. I would like to have a couple brass models, I just can’t afford them!
4) How did you first find out about Classic Construction Models?
I first found out about CCM from one of their authorized dealers, DHS Diecast.
5) When did you purchase your first CCM model and what was it?
My first CCM model was the Dresser TD40B around 2005, I had to get it off eBay.
6) Are there any CCM models that are missing from your collection that you are still searching for?
I only collect the vintage series so it makes it fairly easy to keep up, but I missed out on the 660B and the DD9H, still hoping to come across those two!
7) Have you sold any of your CCM models in the past and later regretted it?
I haven’t ever thought of selling any of my CCM Cats!!
8) What advice would you give a collector considering purchasing their first Classic Construction Model?
You’ll never regret spending money on a CCM model. The detail is so amazing and they will only increase in value, in case you’re interested in selling them later on down the road!
9) What piece of machinery would you like to see CCM model in the future?
I have been dying for CCM to produce a 16G road grader with a ripper and a D8K with a semi U blade, ripper and enclosed cab. I would also like to see a 980B as well!
10) Is there any way that other CCM collectors can view your collection or connect with you? (Instagram, Twitter, website, etc.?)
There’s a couple pictures of my collection on a few different model group pages, and you can find me on Facebook!
Many thanks to Michael for continuing our Collector Showcase series. If you would like your collection to be featured in an upcoming Collector Showcase, please send us your answers to these questions via Facebook message!
We look forward to introducing you to more amazing CCM scale model enthusiasts in the near future!