Our Collector Showcase series is back to introduce some of our most active customers to the rest of our collector community! This month we had the opportunity to speak with John Hellema from Ontario, Canada about his collection and how he got started, favorite scale and material, and even some advice for new collectors. Let’s look at John’s collection and see what he had to say!
1) How long have you been a scale model collector?
I’ve been collecting models in all scales since the age of 15. In the last 8 years, however, I’ve really gotten passionate for it.
2) Do you have a favorite scale?
My top scales would be 1:48 and 1:50 scale.
3) Do you prefer brass or die-cast scale models? Please explain why?
I currently only own die-cast models because I have yet to get a chance to own a brass model.
4) How did you first find out about Classic Construction Models?
I found out about CCM while watching model reviews online.
5) When did you purchase your first CCM model and what was it?
I purchased my first Classic Construction Model in 2013, the Cat® 385C FS in 1:48 scale.
6) Are there any CCM models that are missing from your collection that you are still searching for?
There are still several models from the CCM collection that I wish to own, but if I had to narrow it down to one it would be the Cat 637G Scraper made from brass.
7) Have you sold any of your CCM models in the past and later regretted it?
I have never sold any of my models and don’t plan on it.
8) What advice would you give a collector considering purchasing their first Classic Construction Model?
If there was 1 piece of advice I could pass on to a collector looking to purchase a CCM model, it would be to make the purchase. Knowing that each piece is made in limited numbers and the detail and quality are above and beyond other models out there, there is absolutely nothing to be disappointed about when purchasing a model from CCM.
9) What piece of machinery would you like to see CCM model in the future?
If there was a CCM model I would like to see made it would be a Cat 390F with triple boom configuration, set up for demolition.
10) Is there any way that other CCM collectors can view your collection or connect with you? (Instagram, Twitter, website, etc.?)
Other collectors can connect with me through my Facebook profile, as well as various online and Facebook groups.
Many thanks to John Hellema for continuing our Collector Showcase series. Can’t wait to have your collection featured in an upcoming Collector Showcase? Send us your answers to these questions via Facebook message!
We look forward to introducing you to more amazing CCM scale model enthusiasts soon!