Our die-cast model of the 983B has a fully articulated bucket, lift arms, and hydraulics. The full cab is accessible through opening doors, and the track assemblies are completely functional with free-rolling sprockets, rollers, and metal track links. This version includes enclosed cab, rock bucket, and ripper.
1:48 Cat® 983B Track-Type Loader Ripper Version – Die-Cast
Out of stock
- Opening doors on detailed operator’s cab
- Individually-linked tracks with tensioners
- Detailed hydraulic lines
- Fully articulated bucket and lift arms
- Ripper can be positioned realistically
- Accurate period paint and markings
- Includes serial numbered spec sheet
The powerful and versatile 983B Track-Type Loader was introduced in 1978, and produced until 1982. At the time it was the largest track loader made by Cat, and produced 275 flywheel horsepower from its six-cylinder, 893 cubic-inch, 3406 diesel engine. The 983B featured pedal steering, freeing the operator’s hands for the transmission and loader controls. An automatic bucket control system allowed the bucket to rise to a pre-set dumping height and return to a pre-set digging angle for fast cycle times.
7" long, 2.75" wide, 3" tall